Tuesday, September 15, 2009

nerd alert!!

i'm a nicholas sparks junkie. literally. i have read every single book of his and just love them all. though they generally end with me sobbing and feeling like i have lost a loved one, i can't simply resist his writing style and am always eager for the next book.
he has just published his latest book, The Last Song. i have read the synopsis and cannot wait to wrap my grubby little hands around it, dive in, and undoubtedly shed a few tears along the way.
to promote his book, he had a book signing today in nashville!!! i attended my very first book signing and it happened to be my favorite author! my dear friend natalie informed me that he was going to be in town today and of all places, at costco. so, on my lunch break, i stood in line to purchase my copy of The Last Song, have his name signed right there in the opening page by his own hand, and snag a {blurry} picture with him! i cannot believe that i forgot my camera this morning so i had to resort to the old blackberry - which still has a virus. the nice little lady that stood there to take pictures apparently didn't have the steadiest of hands and the picture turned out less than stellar. oh well.

1 comment:

*annamae* said...

Yah! I didn't think there was anyone else out there like me! I'm a total sparks nerd! Haven't read all his books, but working on it!