Thursday, July 23, 2009

i would curse her name, but i call her mom

yea. if she weren't my mom, i'd curse her right now.

my lovely little mother - who i am afraid i'm more and more like everyday - is headed to the atlantis resort in the bahamas. dude. she's at this glorious resort. right. stinkin'. now.
jealous? psssssht - yes!



but, i cannot fault her too much. she's there for not only an amazing vacation at this beautiful destination, she is getting married!! she will go from ms. melanie puryear lenderman to mrs. melanie puryear langford by monday! conveniently, her initials won't change :) you know us southerners, we like everything that sits still, and sometimes moves, to have an initial slapped right on it.


i am so happy for her (though jealous i'm not with her in the bahamas)! congratulations and cheers to you, little mama. i love you with my whole heart and couldn't be happier for you!






* * *

I'll be blogging more tomorrow about the upcoming weekend event, aside from my mother's nuptials.

Let me just tell you that sometimes if ye ask, ye shall receive.....

I am very frugal and do not like to spend much money on one particular item. I'm a sucker for a sale and a good deal. Due to the nature of my festivities this weekend, I felt the need to go visit my neighborhood Dick's Outdoors store and take advantage of a 20% off coupon that I received in the mail a few days ago. Fate, I tell ya.

Well, I find exactly what I'm looking for - a dry fit Nike sport bra tank. You know, the one with the sports bra built in but is actually a shirt. The quality of the sports bra is yet to be determined. I'll get back to you on my product satisfaction, but I cannot complain too much because I got it for a screamin' good deal!

Upon arriving at Dick's, I found that all things Nike were 20% off. Good, right? But, I had a coupon for 20% off! I wanted both!

I found this little ditty, but in purple.....




Rad. I know.

I loved it but it was stinkin' $42. seriously? that's nearly the same price as my new little shuffle friend. I sucked it up and decided to go ahead and get it, regardless of the price.

Ask and ye shall receive.

I mosey up to the young man at the register (probably ripe old age of 17) and he asks

- How are you doing? Did you find everything ok?

To which I reply:

- sure did and I'm fine but I'd be doing better if you'd give me this coupon discount on top of the already discounted price...... *slides over the coupon to the register*

tap. tap. tap. -doesn't bat an eye-

Your total is $26, ma'am.

I ignored the fact that he called me ma'am and probably felt sorry for this old lady purchasing a tank top and gladly swiped my magic swipey card and headed out the door with my 1/2 price jogging gem.

Ask and ye shall receive :)

Stay tuned til next time for the reason for this purchase and a product review of my new top!

1 comment:

The Doss Blog said...

haha...He called you ma'am ;)