Thursday, April 23, 2009

Fishin' in the Dark....

Last night, Justin's class was cancelled!! So, we took advantage of the warm weather and being able to spend some quality time on the lake.


We rarely get to do what we want due to that girl (Chemistry - tramp) he's been so fervently courting these past few months. :)

It was rather warm when we started but I packed a bag full of warm clothes because I knew that Justin would stay out there fishing until the minnows were all gone or it was too dark to see where the cast was going - in my case, in the trees. Thank goodness I came prepared because we didn't leave until after the sun had set and I was fully clothed in a tank top, a long sleeve t-shirt, a hoodie, shorts, fleece NorthFace pants, and wool socks. ha!
Does all of this sound ridiculous? Yes. But, I hate to get cold. And, Justin hates when I'm cold too. I'm not a very happy camper when I'm cold so I have learned to be prepared for any situation. For example - I always take a sweater or something with me to dinner, even in the summer. I dress like it's snowing outside to go to movie theaters. I have a blanket in both mine and Justin's vehicle for traveling. I hate being cold and I'm cold all the time. It's quite frustrating.
Sorry for that tangent - back to fishing.
With the weather warming up, I have been ITCHING to go camping and hiking. I miss the mountains so much and wish we lived closer - but we don't. I called Justin and expressed my craving for my pack, boots, fresh mountain air, and camping gear. He simply replied, "It's not camping and hiking season yet." What? Camping and hiking season? He quickly informed me that the early Spring is fishing season and we had to wait for camping and hiking season to come in June. Fine. So, I am learning the seasons of marriage. And, that I don't always get to do what I want to do. There's a season for everything. My favorite just happens to come after his favorite on the calander.
Fishing it is.
Don't get me wrong - I love fishing! We had a good afternoon enjoying the scenery, time together sans work or school stress, and trying our luck at catching a fish or two. Bless J's heart - I think he spent more time baiting my hook or getting me un-hooked from a tree or stump (I'm spoiled) than he did fishing. After the sun started to set, I let him do all the fishing he wanted to do while I hung out on the boat, enjoyed the scenery, and took a few pictures. We didn't catch too many fish but we caught a great afternoon together and a beautiful sunset on the lake. J did catch 2 worthy fishys to take home!


He got serious and stood up - I knew I was better off just staying seated.




The sunset at Priest was beautiful!

I'm a fan of this man, folks :)

(See: told you it was nearly dark when we left. He's secretly pissed he didn't pack a bag.)

One more day closer to "camping and hiking season".... hehehee


No comments: