Monday, October 6, 2008

Race for the Cure - Greater Nashville

Well, Race for the Cure - Nashville was a great success. Not only was it great for the foundation as there were TONS of participants, but it was great for Jess, Sheryl and me. We finished and did it in good time!

I want to shout out to Sheryl - this was her first 5k and she did a great job!!! She came to my house on July 4th after I had run the "I Run for the Party" July 4th 5k and decided to start running and preparing for Race for the Cure and the "I Run for the Party" Halloween race coming up October 18th. She did so well and was so proud of herself - great job, Sheryl!

After my blog post regarding the Race for the Cure last Tuesday, I went for a run and somehow injured my left foot. The outside of my foot was hurting and I decided to take the week off of running to rest it and get ready for Saturday. I still wasn't 100% on Saturday but managed to finish the race in my personal best time! Yay. But, I'm paying for it - my foot is still hurting so keep me in your prayers for a safe recovery!
Nonetheless, Sheryl, Jess and I completed the race for an amazing cause. Enjoy the photos!

Sheryl and Me pre-race - it was freeeeeeezing!


Jess, Me and Sheryl at the starting line - it was so nice!

Heading down the homestretch! 27:27 finish time :)

Sheryl headed toward the finish line!

Jess - post race!

We made it!

Me and Sheryl after her first 5k! yay!

I Run For - Lacey, Mel, Tracy & Rita - see previous post...

Saving Second Base!

No comments: