Tuesday, March 30, 2010

shredded.



i've heard rave reviews about Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred.
 but, to be honest - i didn't quite believe it.
 i mean - can you really get much out of an at home work out video? 

i've been running and running and running lately in preparation for the 
CM1/2 that is in less than a month! 
eek. 

check out this pic that a nice guy took at the top of a ridiculous hill at about 
mile 10 on our 12 miler this past saturday. 

can we say awkward? 


but, swim suit season is knocking at the door quickly and so i thought i'd add some additional strength work to my running and spin class work outs. 
why not give the Shred a try?

holy hell. 

kelly has started it as well. she was telling me that it's pretty intense. 
so, jess let me borrow the video that has been collecting dust at her house because she is too busy with her tutu classes to fit anything else in.

let me tell you - from someone who considers myself in somewhat good shape - this thing ain't no joke. 

 sunday began day 1 of the shred, jwood was sitting in the recliner eating biscuits and gravy and telling me to pick up the pace. jerk. 

i am using 8 lbs. weights. 
which, i've been tossing around for a while, 
but combined with lunges and butt kicks and this and that - is TOUGH! 

i'm sore. 
i'm shredded.

Jillian Micheal's - 2
MWood - 0

maybe i'll look like her in 30 days? 


yes, please. 

i'll let you know how that works out. ha! 

5 comments:

PinkSass said...

I love me some Jillian (and Bob)

Everybody talks about how good the shred is but I just can't get into videos at the house.

Good luck girl.

Hannah Carter said...

I've been doing it too!! I don't even wanna think about moving to Level 2 or 3! Haha.

The Doss Blog said...

I barely had time to write this post between all my tutu/pilates classes!! haha

Um, confession. I was only using 3 pound weights! They were heavy!

Anonymous said...

Girl. You & Doss look so good!!!! That running SO shows! Fab girls!

Ok. My dvd is ALSO collecting dust in my closet. maybe I should pull it out?

Let us know how it goes!!

Kels said...

Don't kid yourself. I am using soup cans until my 3 pound weights get here. Damn gina and your 8 pounders! :)