Wednesday, September 9, 2009

kickball & kickin' tunes

hello, middle of the week. i'm glad you came to visit.

in search of things to do with my time - other than run - while j is schoolin', i obliged when asked if i would like to play on a fall kickball team. whoop!

am i good at kickball? nope.
can i catch a kickball? probably not.
do i have brand new pink cleats? yup.
do i like to play with friends? fa sho!

so, yea. this fall kickball league starts up tonight.
tonight. more along the lines of my bed time, tonight.
our first game is scheduled for 9:30. whaaaat? i guess that's what happens when you sign up for an adult league. they assume you can handle midnight on a school night. ha!

i'm super excited about our team and the season - it's been a long time since i've played on an organized sports team. when i asked if being "good" was on the list of qualities needed in a teammate - they said no. just good at having fun - CHECK! done. sign me up.

so, today on my little lunch break - i went in search of some inexpensive cleats, in case i happened to make it past first base. old lady here ain't tryin' to bust the rear roundin' first....
zing! what did i find? some kid's pink umbro cleats. perfect! check 'em out!


i will let you know how the old kickball night-night game goes! i'm sure these little pink cleats will help me zoom around those bases!

from kick ball to new (at least for me) kickin' tunes....

while out on my lunch break in search of those pink cleats - i heard 2 new songs i'd like to share!

the first song is by Kenny Chesney featuring Dave Matthews. hello! who doesn't love both of them? It's called I'm Alive. <----click there to hear it.

And, since I like to flip around on the radio from one genre to another - I stumbled upon this little tune on Lightening 100. I LOVE IT!

It's called Cumberland Hop by H-Beam. H-Beam is actually going to be at Live on the Green in Nashville this week!

Click HERE to view their myspace page and listen to Cumberland Hop - if you're from Tennessee, you're gonna love it too!

T-E- DOUBLE N -E-DOUBLE S - E - E..... ROCKY TOP MIGHT SATISFY ALL MY NEEEEEDS.....

Happy Hump Day!

No comments: