Monday, July 6, 2009

Not Me! Monday!


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog was created by one of my favorite bloggers MckMama. You should head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week!
I most certainly did not make an impulse buy on Etsy and could not resist a little red, white, and blue pillowcase dress for one of my favorite pseudo-nieces this past week. Nope, Not me! I thought it would be terribly hideous on that precious little healthy one year old named Regan.

Isn't she adorable?!?

I also would not ever purchase "gently used" shoes on Ebay. Not me! I defiantly could not live without a pair of Chacos. I'm so not too cheap to buy brand new and would never purchase them online... Nope. Not me. And, upon receiving them - they did not hurt my feet and rub blisters. Nope, not my "brand new" Chaco shoes.

I do not like paid holiday days off. In fact, I'd much rather be working. Regardless, on that paid day off, I would never dance atop a boat like a dancing hood ornament on a magnificent July day. I hate to dance. I would never do a thing like that.

I would never imitate other people that I think are cute. I wouldn't ever look at pictures of girls at the lake with huge earrings and their swim suit and think - that's cute and plan to do it the next time I had the chance! Nope. Not me.

Big earrings and big hair? Not me.

I would never go 100+ in a boat. That would be too dangerous. I don't like to take risks and have an adrenaline rush. Nope. I would never step foot in a boat that costs more than my life at this point. Nope, not me.

I did not savor every spare moment without work or homework looming overhead with my husband this weekend. I did not linger in every embrace or smile or face-to-face conversation or laugh or snuggle. Nope. I'd much rather him be at work or school.

I would never wear long sleeves and long pants on a boat. That's just ridiculous. I mean, who gets cold on a boat when the sun goes down? Aren't you supposed to just wear your swim suit and maybe a cover up? I wouldn't ever pack an entire bag of clothes "just in case" I got cold. Nope. Not me.

I do not love this girl with my whole heart. Nope.

I dispose watermelon. In fact, I would never eat an entire slice by myself nor would I ever scavenge Meggan's leftovers. I don't think that watermelon should ever be a part of a July 4th celebration.
I would not ever take a moment to remember why we get to have a paid day off and honor the leaders of this free nation and the men and women that make it possible. I did not stop and take in the warmth of the sunshine, feel the cool breeze as the sun set, thank God for all of his blessings, and gaze at the amazingly painted sky on this 4th of July. Nope, not this girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a great NMM!