Friday, May 8, 2009

graduation x 3

{taken at our 2nd annual "Cousin's Weekend" in the Smokies. only grandchild not pictured is Mary, the oldest}

Let me just say - I also may be biased - but, I have pretty much the most awesome group of first cousins a gal could ask for. No, really. Over the past few years, and thanks to technology, we've all grown closer, been able to keep in touch, and seen each other more. It is hard for us to get together since we're sprinkled all over the map - but, when we do - we have a blast. It's amazing how similar we are. We are so blessed to have such a fantastic grandfather who, in essence, shaped our lives. He raised 3 God-fearing children, who became our parents, that taught us and shaped us into the people we are today.
The last of all eight of Papa Doc's grandchildren graduate from college this weekend!
Yesterday, I referred to new graduates as "little babies" - probably because I'm bitter that I'm not a new graduate anymore.

Well, some of those "babies" graduating this year are in my family!
My Aunt Gena and Uncle Rex could possibly be the proudest, and most relieved, parents in all of the United States this weekend. They, along with one of their twin daughters, Leslie and her husband Jason are coming to Middle Tennessee for Stephen's graduation. Leslie and Jason will be staying with us - I'm looking forward to visiting and catching up with them both.



Big congrats to my Spurlock cousins and soon-to-be cousin-in-law!

Stephen, Katherine, (bro and sis) and Kelli (Stephen's fiance) all graduate tomorrow! Wow. Talk about a full day.


Stephen is graduating from Middle Tennessee State University with a degree in Audio and Music Production. His brand new fiance, Kelli, is graduating from the University of Central Arkansas with a degree in Political Science. Aren't they cute?!

This is Katherine, with whom myself and my other cousin Noelle all share the same name. Katherine Marie, Mauri Katherine, & Katherine Noelle (not pictured) - kind of cool, huh? Anyway.

Katherine will graduate with her Master's in Communications from the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville on Saturday, as well.

Congratulations, all!

Happy Weekend!

No comments: