Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend Worrier

April has been a wild travel month for me. And, I'm about worn out. So, if you have any big travel plans for me in May - you should probably ask someone else.

Regardless of the travels, I had a wonderful weekend in Memphis celebrating my Mom's birthday! Meggan and I headed into the western front on Friday after work. I got suckered into helping Meggan stuff envelopes before we left - she has a fancy office.

Mom's actual birthday was on Friday and we had dinner at the house and laid low. On Saturday, we all went and got our toes and fingernails done before heading to Greenville, MS to eat at our most favorite restaurant - Doe's Eat Place. You have to know that it's our favorite to drive 3 hours from Memphis to eat there - it's that good, folks. If you're ever in the Greenville area - GO! Ignore the outside of the place or the fact that you have to walk through the kitchen to sit at a table that is leaning. The food is totally worth it. I was really thankful that Mom wanted to have her birthday dinner there!

We met Papa Doc and Sherry there as well. Papa Doc has been going to Doe's for years and years and they treat him like he's royalty when he's there. Because, frankly, he is :) Greenville is a short drive from Dumas so they were able to meet up and enjoy dinner and Mom's birthday with us.

I love being from a small town. Ed said that he was there with celebrities. Ha! Although Doe's is about 1.5 drive from Dumas - I never go there and don't see someone I know. In this case, we saw several people we knew. I got to catch up with some good friends that I have not seen in years. It was a fantastic evening.

If I lived closer to Doe's - I'd be a broke fatty with hot tamale stains on my shirt. I'm just sayin'.

Papa Doc celebrating his daughters birthday for the 29th time :)

Ed's first trip to Doe's. He was skeptical but he quickly found out what our hype was all about.

Sherry and I cuttin' up in the corner.

Me and Old Faithful - we've had lots of togetherness car time lately.

***

So, are you wondering where Justin has been? He's been cheating on me. And, I'm about to put a stop to it. Her name is Chemistry - sounds pretty floozy if you ask me. She's consumed his mind, thoughts, and energy - along with her other 2 friends this semester - and I'm about tired of it....

Justin has been so wrapped up with finishing this semester and working to get ready for stimulus money (thanks, Obama! keep us workin'!) that he meets himself going and coming. He, sadly, hasn't been able to accompany me on my weekend escapades but he's doing so well - I'm not going to hold him up!

Keep on a-truckin', J!

Two more weekends left in this semester! :D

No comments: