Monday, August 4, 2008

Muli - Post

Tuesday Night Shinanigans...

Justin and I were totally out of the norm last week. We went downtown Nashville on a Tuesday night! We both had a rough day at work and decided to kick back a little and have a good time. Of course - I had to call on Rockstar JDoss and Kels to come along! We had a blast!





11th Annual Goodlettesville 4 Mile Run!

Jess and I ran in the 11th Annual Goodlettesville 4 Mile Run on Saturday morning - bright and early at 7am. Justin didn't come along because I got up at 5am so we don't have any pictures - but, we probably didn't want any. We were drenched when we finished - August at 7am is still H-O-T. Jess finished in 42:20 and I finished in 42:02 - I was pretty proud of us! It was not as large as the races we've been running so there were a few characters that were easy to spot - our favorites were the shirtless brigade. Yes, about 8 middle aged men with no shirt and tiny running shorts. Let me tell you - they weren't playing around and about plowed us over. The best part - Jess won a bet and gets an airbrushed t-shirt. Yay!

Sunday Funday ~

Justin's friend Jason came over on Sunday with a list of things for them to do - go to car dealerships, Home Depot and work on an unfinished closet at my house. I opted out and decided to have a little Sunday Funday of my own with Kelly and Katie. By noon, we were laying out on rafts in my back yard, sipping on an adult beverage and cooling off thanks to the sprinkler. Justin and Jason were hard at work on the closet so we decided we wanted to go on the lake. Our jet ski is in Clarksville so all we had was the flat bottom fishing boat - Little John boat. Kelly, Katie and I loaded up our things and headed for Percy Priest. Yes - we had a redneck Sunday in the John Boat but had more fun than we anticipated.

Here are pics from our boating trip....



But, before we left for the lake - I found my letterman blanket from High School in the pile of stuff that was in the closet that Justin and Jason were working on. One thing led to another and Kelly and Katie were surprised (not sure why) that I was a cheerleader and majorette in high school. Just so happens......... I have those outfits at my house. Thanks for the photo evidence, Kels. *I need a chaperon* I'm sure my husband was proud.

Broken Clavicle...

On a not-so-humorous note, Justin had a bang up day on Saturday. He had a little boating accident that ended in a cracked collarbone and torn shoulder ligaments. Bless his heart - there is nothing a doctor can do for a such accident but send you home with pain meds, a sling and a pat on the back. He's been in so much pain and I feel so helpless! I just want to fix him - but, for now - I'm the pill giver and encourager. He's off work today to rest and will hopefully be able to go back to work tomorrow - just in a sling! They said it would take up to 12 weeks for him to fully recover and be able to any heavy lifting. However, the doctor said he could still wash dishes and vacuum with his left hand :) I guess this is the "in sickness and in health" part I agreed to..... feel better, honey! <3

No comments: