Monday, August 11, 2008

Do They Have Meetings For This?


08.08.08


The 2008 Summer Olympics are underway - and I'm way OVER excited about it. The summer games are probably my favorite. First of all, the opening ceremonies were spectacular. I have not ever watched the opening ceremonies so intently as I did this year. Justin and I got Chinese take out - fitting... and kicked back and enjoyed the show. And, a show it was - the Chinese are so disciplined and specific. They have such a monumental history that guides their day to day life. It was amazing to see it portrayed in the opening ceremonies and the pride that they have in their country.

Speaking of pride - I am proud of the USA! Thanks to DVR - I've been able to watch (or FF) all of the coverage thus far. I have childlike excitement for these Olympics and so much respect for the amount of work and determination of these athletes. They have sold their lives to the sport that they love and now they are getting to represent the USA and fight for the Gold! My favorite events are swimming, gymnastics, beach volleyball, tennis....... um, ok. I love them all - I even watched the US beat China in basketball and I'm not fan of professional bball. But, I simply cannot help my self. It's like a drug.

Speaking of Gold, how about the 4x100 meter relay last night at 11pm?! I was literally sitting on the edge of my bed screaming, "Go! SWIM! Go! Go!" After all of the trash from the French, the American team pulled it out....by tenths of a second. I felt like I was there.








So, kudos to the US of A and all of the athletes for their hard work. Me, I'll be watching from my couch.

No comments: