Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy Birthday, America!

We celebrated every minute of the July 4th Weekend. It was an action packed, fun filled 3 days for Justin and me.




We started the weekend off on Thursday evening as I had to pick up my race packet for the 5k on Friday. Justin and I rode the bike downtown and after picking up my number, we met up with Kelly and her parents for a fishbowl at the Gerst Haus and then Justin and I had dinner at La Paz - my favorite :)


Friday - we woke up at 5:45am to get ready to head to downtown Nashville for the "I Run For the Party" July 4th 5k. You'll remember from an earlier post - Kelly and I ran the Cinco de Mayo 5k but we didn't get any photographs. I made sure we had the camera ready this time! The race was great! We ran over two of the beautiful bridges that cross the Cumberland River, near LP Field where the Titans play, by the State Capitol, down Broadway by Tootsie's and 2nd Fiddle, and finished by the Country Music Hall of Fame and the beautiful symphony building. The only catch - it poured down rain at about mile #3. Justin was a great photographer!




Crossing the finish line!
Kelly crossing the finish line!



Kelly's mom crossing the finish line - she is precious!

The Kenney Family!

Kelly & I post race

Justin was proud of his little runner wife!Poser - he stole my number and pretended he was tired!

This guy was the "Bikini Patrol" - hilarious!



Friday night - we made our way back downtown Nashville to see the huge fireworks display! They were amazing - just way too many people!

Saturday - we spent the entire day on the Percy Priest Lake with some friends from Clarksville and some friends we work with. Justin made a new friend - Owen, a 2 year old little boy that fell in love with the jet ski! I should have used more sunscreen!!


Sunday, we met up with my cousin Seth and his girlfriend, Angela for a motorcycle ride in Rutherford County. Here are some pics of Seth and Angela on the Harley!

What a weekend! I think it's taken us until Wednesday to feel rested up from the weekend adventures! Happy Birthday, America!

No comments: