Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Pardon Us - We're Playing Tourist

Justin and I rarely play the tourist game but last night - we were in full fledged tourist mode. We went to the Grand Ole Opry!

Justin's parents came into town for Memorial Day weekend and we took them to the Opry. That was the first time I'd been to the Opry since I was a little girl with my Mom and sister and Justin had never been. We really enjoyed it and while we were there - I noticed that Carrie Underwood would be performing on June 3rd. Justin said - let's go! We'll make it a date night! Ummm, ok. We bought tickets that night and since Carrie is such a big deal - apparently (hahaa) - they had to add an additional show that didn't start until 9:30. Now, 9:30 a few years ago would have been no step for this stepper but the show didn't begin until almost my bedtime! It was worth it though.
After work, we went out on the lake for the first time this summer. The water is still a bit chilly for my taste but we had a good time. We went to Rosepepper Cantina for dinner - MMmm. It was delicous. Then, we made our way to the Grand Ole Opry.

It was great! Not only was Carrie Underwood there but so was Montgomery Gentry, Luke Bryan and several others! We didn't take the large and in charge camera - so the pictures didn't turn out that great. Nonetheless, enjoy!


My hubby and me at the Opry :)

".....back when I knew it alllllll...." - Montgomery Gentry


Bill Anderson - sang "Give It Away" that he helped cowrite for George Strait
"....all my friends say, I started shootin' doubles when you walked in..." - Luke Bryan


Carrie Underwood!


We had a great date night even though we're moving slow this morning. It was a great way to celebrate our 1/4 Anniversary :)

No comments: