Tuesday, May 20, 2008

We're So Domesticated - Just Call Me Martha Stewart

Mauri & Justin have struck again. Operation backyard is complete.
We shouldn't ever be left home alone with "nothing" to do for a weeked because we'll create a project. I'm quickly learning that my husband doesn't do anything on a small scale - which is good, but it sometimes makes me have to work. Since the weather has gotten warmer, we have spent more time outside than inside when we get home in the evenings. Grilling out and playing with the puppies in the backyard have become the common trend. So, we have been kicking around ideas about what to do with our backyard area since we moved in - we've gone from doing nothing to building a screened in back porch to building just a roof to our final idea of adding additional stones to make our patio bigger and a gazebo type covering. After many, many hours of sweat and hard work - our little backyard haven is complete!

Here are a few photos to show off our hard work :)




Before...




Justin hard at work tillin' up the ground.

Smoky got some stone in his pen so he wasn't playing in mud anymore.


Ahhhh - isn't it pretty?!



Mind you - these stones we added were about 50lbs. a piece - we layed 160 of those jokers. Can we say sore??


The patio set and the fantastic chandelier were hand-me-downs from my Mom - I love them!!


The following two items were impulse buys - totally worth every penny!


Oh yea - we live in Nashville, how could you not?

I planted flowers in my front yard about a month ago - they are growing quite nicely. I got this pretty summer wreath from my StepMom when we were in Dumas weekend before last.

After all the hard work.... it was time to enjoy!

Just call me Betty Crocker - I made actual homemade chocolate chip cookies. MMMMmm
(Don't hate on the outfit - I had just gone running so I could eat a cookie :) )

No comments: