Monday, June 30, 2008

Here Lately....

Summertime seems to always be packed with lake adventures, weekend concerts and catching up with friends. These past few weeks have encompassed all of these. Last Friday night, Justin and I saw Marc Broussard http://www.myspace.com/marcbroussard at The Cannery. My good friend, Mikaela, introduced me to this southern rock/R&B/alternative/jazz artist several years ago and I happened to see he was coming to Nashville so I jumped at the chance to go see him. As busy as Justin and I are, we rarely "go out" and take on the music scene in Nashville so this was a treat for me :)



Going to the lake fishing in the afternoons has almost become a ritual for us these past few weeks. I am learning to drive the boat - it's scary for all individuals involved but I think I actually go the hang of it the last time we went out!



And, this past weekend - Justin had to work on a night paving job and was going to be sleeping all day and up all night so I took it as an opportunity to go to Memphis and see my Mom, Sister and best girlfriends from Arkansas. Seeing my family and those girls are like a breath of fresh air. Karin, Bobbi and Natalie hold a very special place in my heart and I cherish our friendship so much. It is like time never passes when we all get together - regardless of recent marriages, babies and jobs. I wish I lived closer to them but that makes the time we get to spend together that much more special! Here are some pictures of Miss Regan, Karin's little precious, all of us girls and Sis and me (ignore the lovely burned face.)


No comments: