Thursday, April 24, 2008

lawn mower woes.

I'll have to hand it to Justin, he has done his part in this gardening and yard work adventure. He seeded our baren back yard a few months back and has fertilized and nurtured the ground and now we have pretty green grass! He has done such a good job, he is having to mow more than he's really like - I think. But, he has gotten out there and tackled the hill in our back yard with the mower and weed eater week after week - well, for the past month. We purchased a lawn mower less than a month ago at the trusty Wal-Mart. For those who know me, you know I'm pretty cheap. So, I convinced him that we didn't need an expensive mower - just one to cut the grass. It's not that big of a deal, right? Reluctantly, Justin agreed with me and we bought one of the cheaper mowers at the store and he got after it. Below is a photo of the first mow of the season with the new - cheap - mower.


Justin started mowing the lawn yesterday afterI finished my flower planting. Since I was done, I went for a run. When I got home, Justin was huffing and puffing, sweating like theif running from the cops and was just sitting...... with 1/2 the yard left to be cut. He preceeds to tell me about MY cheap mower. Yea - it's MY mower now. hahahaaa Well, the bolt that holds the blade that cuts the grass came loose and slung the blade at my husband. Thank goodness, he has mowed a few lawns and done enough farm work to know what to do. He pushed the mower away from him and jumped in the opposite direction. Neat. Thanks, cheap mower. You tried to kill my husband. Lesson learned. I guess you get what you pay for when it comes to lawn mowers. Who knew? Day after day, I appreciate my parents more and more. They just know things. There should be an "Idiots Guide to First Time Purchases After Getting Married" - at this point, Justin and I could probably write it.


Since Justin took my advise last time on the mower and it turned out to be a dud, he got his choice this time. Thank goodness for Wal-Mart's return policy! hahaa

What happened to spending money on clothes, junk food, and beer instead of flowers, weed eaters, lawn mowers and mortgage payments? Oh, I'm grown up? Really? Shoot. :D

No comments: