Friday, February 15, 2008

sad day, good day, valentine's day....

It's Friiiiiiiiday! Man, what a week this has been. Justin is getting over a sinus infection and has been under the weather all week. Feel better, J! Smoky is - slowly, but surely - getting adjusted to his new living arrangements with us and Miss Lilypants. Needless to say, our house is like a 3 ring circus and Justin and I are mere spectators that has to pay for the tickets.

Valentine's Day had a mix of emotions. Valetine's day hasn't always ranked high on my "list of favorite holiday's" so we don't normally make a big to-do about it. We spoil each other enough every other day of the year. Regardless, Justin got some yummy cookies, oranges, a balloon and a puppy. I got some beautiful red roses and a new wreath for my door! I have a small wreath addiction - I'm learning. It's so perfect - very springy. He did well!

Valentine's Day was also accompanied by some sad news. My Mom's little baby, Punkin, went to be my grandmother's lap dog in heaven yesterday. She was our little baby and Mom's best friend for 9 years. But, she had a wonderful and very spoiled life. That dog didn't want for anything. She had my Mom trained well. Now, she's joined my grandmother in heavan and we'll miss her dearly. Justin and Lily were really sweet yesterday - I got a dozen white tulips and the card read, "I'm sorry about your loss. We will miss Punkin. I love you, Lily"



Punkin's last Christmas - 2007

On to happier news.....

I pick up my wedding dress from the alterations lady this weekend!!!!! And, I'm blessed to have almost 20 girls coming from near and far to celebrate with me at my bachelorette party! I can't wait! I'll have plenty of pictures to post next week!

Until then, have a good weekend and hug your puppies!


No comments: