Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Touched down in the land of the Delta Blues....

This weekend was therapeutic.

There's something about a weekend spent with Mama Mel that just seems to make everything right with the world. I swear that woman has magical powers.
Every once and again, I need her pixie dust :)

Friday night - I met up with Mama Mel & Ed at Huey's for some dinner and drinks.
It was FRIGID in that joint and the servers offered up some really
 stylish Huey's sweatshirts for us to wear.
Twinks!
Since Mom and Ed are regulars at Huey's and she talked them
 into letting us keep those sweet sweats. Score!
Don't be jealous, JDoss....


Saturday was a busy day!
I got in a nice 6 mile run. It was perfect. I felt good. The weather was amazing.
Just me and the pavement.

After my run, it was time to suit up and get ready for the Memphis Tigers football game!
Ed is a huuuuuge Memphis Tigers fan. Now, if you pay attention to college sports at all - you know that Memphis is known for it's salty basketball team, not their tough football squad.

I called JWood to tell him we were going to the game.
JW:"Are you just going to scalp tickets? How much are they?"
MW: "Ummm, you buy them at the game ticket counter for $10 a piece......... "
JW: silence. "oh....so, it's not like going to a UT Game?"
MW: "NOTHING is like going to a UT game, baby." :)

Memphis got trampled by the SMU Mustangs, but it was fun regardless!
Thank goodness that they sell adult beverages in the Liberty Bowl Stadium :)




Saturday evening, I represented .5 of the Wood Hood at JWood's cousins wedding!
I surprised the bride, Brooke, and got to spend some time with JWood's family and his precious grandparents. I love grandparents. Aren't they just the most precious people?
The ceremony was beautiful and Brooke was stunning!


It is hard to believe that I have known and loved these girls since they are baby twins!

Wood grandparents.

The weekend was a success!
I came back to Nashville rested up and ready to take on the week!

Only one more weekend until JWood arrives!
The Wood Hood will be complete. The OG will be back in da house. :)

No comments: