Tuesday, September 6, 2011

dose of dumas

It never fails; A dose of Dumas does the body good. 

There is something about the simplicity that I once loathed that now brings the utmost comfort. 
I never dreamed in a million years that I would miss "home" as much as I do. 
Never say never.....

We have started a yearly tradition of celebrating Pistol's (my Dad) birthday, dove hunting, 
and a good ole time had like only home can provide. 
Meg and I loaded up the circus (Lily & Rowdy) and headed to South on Friday night.

Saturday was spent clad in camo and I could not wipe the grin off of my face. We had lunch in the rice field with our grandparents and Pistol. They finished the rice harvest that day. 
Growing up, I took harvest for granted. Now, I realize how beautiful it is.


Meet Step-Bro, Dylan. 
 
After some farmin', we took part in some dove huntin'. 
If you haven't ever been around a dove hunting town - you should experience it. 
Not that I have ever been in a war zone, but I can only imagine that is what it sounds like. 
POW! POW! POW!
Shots are fired rapidly in all directions. Birds are crashing. 
It's crazy, but so much fun!

I actually got one :)


Dove season begins "camo season," which means JWood is almost home!
He always says he'll be home in time for "camo & football season."
A dose of my Daddy and Dumas was just what I needed to get me through to J's return! 

Love you, Pistol!

No comments: