Tuesday, November 24, 2009

11560

holy moly.
this is getting more real everyday. it is officially taper time!!! yahooooo! it was so nice last night hopping on the DREADmill to run 3 little miles - done and done. my body is was doing jumping jacks inside it was so happy.
my last long run was this past saturday. 12.4 miles - according to baby g. (by the way, i named my garmin baby g.) the run went so well. it was an amazing day in middle tennessee - we really couldn't have asked for better weather. crisp, cool morning and the sun was shining. ahhh!
this was the first long run that i didn't ice bath. i just couldn't make myself do it. and, i regretted it. my feet and legs were so incredibly sore on sunday. note to self: ice baths are worth it even though they are freakin' miserable.
most importantly, however, the race is less than 2 weeks away! i got my number today - 11560! having my number makes all the more real.
i've got an exciting next few weeks ahead! thanksgiving, birthday, and 1/2 marathon!
wam bam thankya ma'am.

No comments: