Wednesday, September 2, 2009

new love affair.

i have found a new love. a new crush. a new love affair, other than those i mentioned in my post about fall. boy, do i have a crush on fall.
no, i'm not cheating on jwood - though, he's back in school with 4 - 4 pesky tramps again. ugh.
have you ever had a food crush? it's the worst thing ever. self control goes out the window and i must give in to my crush. my latest crush, until this past weekend, has been queso/cheese dip/rotel - whatever you call it, depending on your geographical location. and, i do not discriminate when it comes to said cheese dip. if you serve it, i will eat it. if it is near, i will sniff it out and devour it. sad, but true.
however, i do have a new crush on a "food" i discovered this past weekend, thanks to my cousins! you see, we brought enough food to feed a small army. heaven forbid we might go hungry, or thirsty :) included in our array of dishes were: chips, dips, taco fiesta night, burgers and grilled yumminess night, homemade chicken spaghetti, sandwiches, soups, salads, wine, crackers, chocolate/cinnamon cake, oreo ice cream dessert, and drum roll for my new crush...................
HUMMUS!!!


is hummus a distant cousin to my other crush, cheese dip? they sure look alike!

ok, i know i'm super late to jump on the hummus bandwagon but oh. em. gee. - that stuff is good! thank goodness my cousin laura made some homemade hummus and my cousin leslie brought 2 or 3 store bought containers, because i'm pretty sure i ate an entire tub by myself. it's a fantastic little treat!

since being back in nashvegas, i have already purchased my very own hummus stash. not only does it taste good, i don't have food guilt after eating it. it's made of chickpeas - those are veggies! i needed more veggies in my diet anyway - that food group is thanking me! my favorite right now is the Athenos Roasted Red Pepper hummus - i enjoy it with pita bread or pita chips, but mostly dive in with some fresh carrot sticks. i even put it on my sandwich to add a little zest! VIOLA! it's a multi-functional, healthy, tasty treat.

so, there. now you know my latest crush. my not-so-guilty pleasure. do you have a favorite hummus brand or recipe? please share!

and, i've just been informed via facebook that the pumpkin spice latte has arrived at starbucks. another love affair of mine. does that negate my attempt at a healthy snack? crap.

No comments: