Monday, March 16, 2009

Pink T & Brad Paisley

We rounded off SB '09 in style this weekend. Although we were sad to see Justin's week away from school come to a close, we had a blast doing it. Saturday night - we went to the much anticipated Brad Paisley concert. After seeing him with Kenny on Monday night, we had been looking forward to it all week.
The night began as many of our nights have lately - pregaming at the Veridian at a friend's condo and making our way to our destination from there. The weather was crummy but we didn't let that stop us, and while walking in the rain to the Sommett Center, we had no idea what the night had in store. My long lost friend, Alisa, came to town to visit Priscilla and they joined us at the concert. JDoss came along as well - though she is not the biggest country music fan, I think she had a good time and knew some of the songs. :)

Darius Rucker, or Hootie, took the stage first - he was awesome! Granted, he sang his country hits but he also played several of the old Hootie and the Blowfish favorites. Dierks Bentley came on next - in my opinion, he could have stayed home a let Darius play two sets. But, I've never been the biggest fan of Dierks and he was entertaining. Brad, of course, was AMAZING.

However, my husband nearly stole the show. For those sitting around us, I'm not sure if they were more entertained by us or the people they actually paid their hard-earned money to see. Heck, we're a free show, yo.

Enjoy our night in photos....

My ladies at the Veridian

Love him.

Darius Rucker - Hootie! He was fantastic!

We had kick butt seats!

Alisa and Priscilla finally showed up!

The gang's all here!

Dierks Bentley

JDoss - my I-don't-really-listen-to-country-music concert partner.

And, the trouble starts...

Brad was awesome!

Oh, lawd... Note: man behind him.

Apparently, Alisa and Priscilla bet J that he wouldn't wear this "get-up" - they had just met him, obviously. I will never let him to go the bathroom alone again. haha

That's my husband...

We're married - and probably need a chaperone.

This is their fault.

Doss love!

I haven't laughed this hard in a long, long, long time.

Oops. I dropped my cup on this lady. She turned around and this was our response. Sorry I messed your khaki's and best plaid shirt up, lady.

Double Trouble.

Someone has to keep these two in line...

We really did watch the show - I promise. And, it rocked.

Alisa - my girl from waaaay, way back.

And the Best Touristy Nashville Couple of the Year Award goes to....

(not the girls in the bottom of the picture)

This is the best 'stache I've seen in a minute.

Think he knows I'm taking his picture? haha My bad.

Girl, I can't get my 'do all wet standing up in this line...

C'mon, Kels - I'll share some of my handbag.

Thanks for attempting to catch me, Kels :)

Yes, I need a quesadilla, cinnamon twists, a number 4 and 2 Dr. Pepper's - and lots of hot sauce.

Meggan: My sister and her husband are late night 4th meal eating, again.

What a night - who says Spring Break is for young'ens?

No comments: