Tuesday, March 25, 2008

MARCH MADNESS!

March Madness - the bookies are making the big cheese, the "Cinderella" teams are finding their slippers, wild fans are holding their breath and one of the most exciting sporting events is taking place right before our eyes. In comparison, I'm not near as rowdy of a basketball fan as I am football fan but there is something about the genuine competition of the NCAA Basketball Tourney that gets my competitive juices flowing. It's better than the darn BCS - it's a play-off....may the best team win by their own abilities, not a darn computer generated ranking. Pure competition with heart, sweat, and guts.

I have entered myself and my NCAA Tournament Bracket into the "pot" at work. $5 to enter and the winner buys everyone Popeye's Chicken with the money (not my idea but whatever.) I'll have you know that I won the highly sough after prize last year thanks to my pick of Florida. Ew. I know. Florida - I'm not a fan but they did win. Wellllll, low and behold - after the first week of tournament play - I'm ahead AGAIN!!! Oh yea! I am one of 2 women to enter and I'm kicking some major NCAA rear.

I have selected UNC (Go Heels for Kelly), Kansas, UCLA and Memphis to be in the Final Four - cheer on the Tigers for me because I have them picked to win.

Eh - just a little something to keep me occupied until the first kick-off of football season. It's going to be a long summer, folks.



No comments: